Web developement headlines
Web development headlines and stories from around the Internet, built
using the RDF/RSS/XML parser.
The headlines shown on this page are the latest 5 headlines/articles
from their respective websites.
To read the article in full, simply click the title of a headline
which will launch the page in a new browser window.
Headlines from DevShed
More Java Bugs Lead to More Attacks
Oracle Unveils MySQL 5.6
Python Big Data Company Gets DARPA Funding
- Python Big Data Company Gets DARPA FundingMon 11 Feb 2013 13:45
[top of page]
The Dangers of HTML5: WebSockets and Stable Standards
- New HTML5 technologies like WebSockets offer some amazing new opportunities for Web developers. But they also show how implementing unstable standards may cause more harm to a site than the benefits of the technology. What is the role of browsers and how should developers plan for when developing with HTML5?
Internet Explorer 6: What Have We Learned?
- IE6 shipped more than 10 years ago but its non-standard implementation of the shifting standards of 2001 still haunts today's developers. As the Web shifts to HTML5 and new versions of IE Firefox and Chrome debut have we learned the lessons of IE6?
Crank Up the Volume with HTML5 Music
- With HTML5 music is making a comeback on the Web. Create amazing music site experiences where adding an audio file is as simple as inserting an image and users have more pause and play music outside a browser. The introduction of the <audio> tag eliminates the need for external music players allowing for true integration of sound in your website.
Dojo.behavior: Write Modularized HTML Document Event Handling
- The dojo.behavior module provides a simple and lightweight mechanism for listening to HTML document events. Find out what makes dojo.behavior one of the best event handling mechanisms around.
The Dojo Publish/Subscribe Event Mechanism
- Learn how to use the Dojo Toolkit's versatile ContentPane widget to load dynamic content into your Web pages.
[top of page]